FamiSlayer is a slave player for NSF files exported from FamiTracker.
Key presses on controller 2 act as the clock input, and will run the next step of the NSF.
*Designed to work with the Famitracker NSF Driver.
- A Play/Pause
- B Stop
- UP Increase Song Number
- DOWN Decrease Song Number
- START *Restart Song from begining
- RIGHT *Fast Forward (Jumps to the begining of the next frame)
- LEFT *Rewind (Resets back to the begining of the current frame)
Screen was designed to be simple so that it would take less CPU time away from reading controller 2.
Since some of the code is derived from Vegaplay by No Carrier,
compling a ROM with your own NSF file would work the same way.
- Enter the LOAD, PLAY and INIT addresses for your NSF in FamiSlayer.asm
- Remove the NSF header
- Rename file to temp.nsf and compile
- Rock out w/ your clock out!
Disclaimer: I am no expert.
LSDJ & NSF Sync
Sync the NSF with LSDJ:
- LSDJ: sync = nano
- FamiTracker: set the speed = 3 and tempo = 150
Atari 2600 & NES Sync
Sync the NES with Atari 2600:
C64 & NES Sync